Friday, April 10, 2009

a Good Book

Katie heard about a book I think from a radio show. Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill.
She checked it out of the library and had it sitting where I could find it. She told me the guy on the radio said it was a very scary book, one of the scariest he had read, so naturally I said 'YOU are going to read it?' She proceeded to tell me book do not scare her. So I asked if she minded my reading the book...

OK I read the first chapter and decided I would not read it in bed...for some reason just creeped me out, so I read it on my lunch break or in the evenings. It was a VERY good book! I told Katie she had to read it!

Fast forward a week or so later..... I am outside walking the dogs for their last poop break of the day. I come into the house and I hear this voice from Katie's Bedroom...
'I am 55 years old I DO NOT NEED TO READ A BOOK THAT MAKES ME FEEL THIS WAY!'

I walked back pushed open her bedroom door looking at her on her bed and the book tossed out to the middle of the floor away from the bed. okok I admit it, I about pissed myself giggling. Now I am spending a lot of energy trying to get her to finish it. Really is a good book.... promise... if you like creepy Ghost stories.....

No comments: