Wednesday, June 4, 2008


Gather around and let me tell you a story of the New Jersey Deep Dark woods....
As many of you recall I live on the edge of the deep dark woods. The deep dark woods are full of nefarious creatures of all shapes and sizes, just waiting to leap, spring, jaunt, gallop, plunder, run, out and attack without notice. I often use extreme caution whilst I walk my Pug and Poodle noodle at the very edge of the Deep Dark Woods. Some of you may recall the unfortunate assault from the killer cocker spaniel.
OK it was not a killer and the attack consisted of it running out of the deep dark woods thus scaring the crap out of me, and wanting to play with Pookie.

Anyway.... It was a dark and windy night. (last night don't you know) I was out walking my Pug and Poodle and I saw a brown leaf rolling across my drive way. Pookie Pug being who he is wanted to go see what it was and by see I do mean swallow without hesitation. I decided not to let him close, that was when I noticed it....

Mothra, escaped from the deep dark woods. Came to my house to settle on my drive way. Being the curious odd person I am I ran inside the house. Grabbed my Camera, a 6" ruler, ran back out side, bent over the wing flappin Mothra, dropped the ruler next to it so all could see the obviously Prehistoric Mothamous Maximus I discovered in NJ by the Deep Dark Woods. I focused and FLASH, then I looked, cursed as it had it's wings folded up, lean closer still and FLASH, rolled the picture back and the dirty rotten Mothra decided it had enough flashes took flight, scared the snot out of me, as moths the size of my head have a tendency to do, I trip land flat on my ass. Roll backwards leap to my feet taking evasive action in moves that would have made Indiana Jones proud and zig zagged at a mad, much younger then myself moves back to the safety of my house......

No comments: